Conquer complexity and scale. Developed to make managing large-scale Shure audio hardware deployments easier for you.
- Identifies Shure devices across subnets
- Provides real-time status of system and device attributes
- Remotely controls audio gain, muting and RF channel assignments
REMOTE RESPONSE TROUBLESHOOTING
- Instantly notifies the AV/IT administrator of low battery and missing devices
- Offers remote muting, device identification, and single-view audio gain adjustment
- Allows Remote Microflex? Wireless transmitter linking (coming soon)
- Provides real-time room status for help desk
- Delivers offline system status notifications via email and SMS text
- Streamline login by selecting users from existing enterprise directories
- Customize user access and permissions based on user role or location
- Simplify your setup: the direct link between Shure hardware and software eliminates the need for additional programming
- Seamless availability of new features and updates
- Customize and apply software language options to individual account settings
In the corporate environment, SystemOn increases productivity by reducing time lost to traditional AV issues that disrupt the flow of meetings and videoconferences. Whether in the huddle room or the boardroom, SystemOn guarantees that Shure wireless devices are fully charged and prepared for scheduled or last-minute meetings. With SystemOn, IT technicians and AV administrators are provided a seamless solution for managing corporate installations of any scale.
In higher education lecture halls and classrooms, audio quality and reliability is critical. SystemOn software provides IT technicians and AV administrators the ability to monitor and control Shure hardware devices from one central location, maximizing efficiency and extending reach across college campuses. By setting up notifications and alerts, an administrator has the ability to remotely manage priority situations such as missing devices or deteriorating battery levels.
SystemOn allows you to monitor Shure devices without requiring constant attention and proactively alerts you via SMS and email when action is required. SystemOn combats daily microphone issues such as battery life and missing devices regardless of the size of your installation. It constantly monitors Shure audio systems on your behalf and provides real-time troubleshooting capability for battery life, audio levels and RF/spectrum status ensuring every microphone is ready to use.? SystemOn reduces the need for on-site troubleshooting to address basic problems and limit meeting interruptions allowing you to troubleshoot quicker and easier than before.
The SystemOn framework is designed to complement existing Shure wireless systems by providing management and control across enterprise-wide deployments. In a world where constant connectivity is necessary and seamless performance is expected, SystemOn provides the users with more control and eliminates potential issues ahead of time.
How To Purchase SystemOn
SystemOn is available through a subscription model. Each IP-addressable device requires one license.
The standard subscription covers a defined time period from one to five years, including any software updates and additions made during that time period, and can be extended with renewal licenses thereafter.
An Enterprise license covers an unlimited number of IP addressable devices for one year. This license can be renewed annually.
SystemOn should be installed on a server. The software subscription is registered to the server on which it is installed.
For more information, contact your local Shure Sales Representative.
How to Download SystemOn
If you've already purchased SystemOn, visit?software.shure.com?to log in and download.
Release Date: 9/29/2020
- After upgrading SystemOn, clear your browser cache on the device accessing the SystemOn server, then re-assign your licenses to your devices by navigating to your organization > Licenses > Start managing
- SystemOn cannot be installed on the same machine as Designer; do not attempt to install one over the other
- Before updating firmware, turn off “Device Missing” notifications, then turn them back on after completing the firmware updates
- Support for new products:
- IntelliMix® Room Audio Processing Software
- MXA710 Linear Array Microphone
- MXN5-C Networked Loudspeaker
- MXA Network Mute Button
- Support for new firmware versions
- Support for same-subnet and cross-subnet firmware updating of the following products:
- License widget on dashboard
- UI improvements
- When using a virtual machine, it’s recommended to dedicate hardware resources (HD, RAM, etc.) to the SystemOn application; using shared resources may cause Shure services to not start on reboot
- After attempting to forget cross-subnet devices, devices must be rebooted, then SystemOn server must be rebooted before the devices will disappear from SystemOn
- Discovering MXW microphones may take more than 1 minute
- UTC time and date are displayed on Event Log and Email/SMS notifications.
- For users setting up SMS notifications, the Senders Phone Number field does not show the required (*), but the field is required.
- If a valid license activation ID is applied and fails on the first attempt, please try again before calling support.
- To operate SystemOn 4.2 with Shure networked systems, see the following list of supported firmware versions:
- MXW 8.0.3 – 9.0.4
- SCM820 1.3.3
- ULX-D 2.2.24 – 2.4.9
- SBC220/240 1.1.43 –?1.2.73
- SBC250/450/850 2.2.24 –?2.4.9
- MXA910 4.1.41 –?4.2.18
- MXA710 1.0.5
- MXA310 4.1.37 –?4.2.18
- P300 4.1.11 –?4.2.4
- IMX-ROOM 22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
- ANIUSB-MATRIX 4.1.39 –?4.2.19
- MXN5-C 1.0.6
- MXA-MUTE 1.0.8
- Please report SystemOn performance issues experienced on supported browsers to Shure Support.
- For help and troubleshooting, go to the SystemOn System Requirements, SystemOn User Guide or FAQs